Freedor is a unique wire free solution that allows users to hold doors open at any angle and automatically closes the door in a controlled manner when the fire alarm sounds.
Installed at the top of the door, Freedor is a simple, neat and unobtrusive fire door closer which is easy to install and removes all risk of heavy closing doors. Using Freedor allows freedom of access throughout the building for disabled people and people less able to operate the doors. Freedor assists businesses complying with the Equality Act 2010.
Freedor needs to hear a fire alarm of 65dBA or above, verifying the alarm over a 14 second period to eradicate false alarms. Freedor will then release the door preventing the spread of fire and smoke around the building. Full Freedor installation by Fireco technicians is completely free of charge
- Operates up to power size 3 (65kg fire door)
- Allows a door to free-swing through whole range of movement
- Operates as a normal door until activated
- Suitable for right and left hand swing doors
- Can be installed on the opening or closing side of the door
- Night-time release facility
- Fail-to-safe technology, with a minimum battery life of 12-18 months
Please contact us for a quote or more information on Freedor, the world's first wire free, electrically powered free-swing fire door closer
- Designed to comply with BS EN 1154, BS EN 1155, BS 7273-4 Category B